Our level 1 course develops coaches to deliver squash to groups of beginners. This course is ideal if you’re an aspiring coach with limited or no experience in coaching. This course is also great for parents or squash leaders who are keen to help out with the coaching or increasing participation at your local club or facility.
Delivery Method: Online/Remote Learning
We realise the way in which people learn, work and engage in coach development may have changed and therefore we have adapted our level 1 course to be delivered in an online and remote format. Candidates that sign up to complete their level 1 course this way will attend four online group sessions and work with a local qualified coach on the practical elements allowing them to achieve the same qualification.
Delivery Method: Face-to-face Learning
Delivering in this form means that the course will take 1 day for candidates to complete. You will be required to attend the course on a specific day at a set location.
If you would like to enquire about holding a level at your facility/club please contact us to discuss further.
About the course
What You’ll Learn
- Deliver a well organised safe, fun and inspiring squash coaching session to a group of players
- Coach basic technique
- Identify simple fault diagnosis and shot correction
- Aged 16 years or older
- Face-to-face learning. This method of delivery will include:
- 1 day course (7 hours approx. including lunch break)
- Online/remote learning. This method of delivery will include:
- 2x group video calls (approx. 2 hours each) lead by the course tutor(s)
- 2x practical session delivery in your local club/facility supported by a local qualified and licenced coach (approx. 1 hour each)
- Additional course work (approx. 1 hour)
- £160 per person
For season 22/23 – On completion of the course there will be an opportunity to get a partial reimbursement of up to 40%.
Local funding support are sometimes available in areas of Scotland to support individuals with coach education costs, especially volunteer coaches. If you require further support exploring these potential options please contact us and our team will be happy to help.