Level 1 Coaching Course
What You’ll Learn
- Deliver a well organised safe, fun and inspiring squash coaching session to a group of players
- Coach basic technique
- Identify simple fault diagnosis and shot correction
- Aged 16 years or older
- Face-to-face learning. This method of delivery will include:
- 1 day course (7 hours approx. including lunch break)
- Online/remote learning. This method of delivery will include:
- 2x group video calls (approx. 2 hours each) lead by the course tutor(s)
- 2x practical session delivery in your local club/facility supported by a local qualified and licenced coach (approx. 1 hour each)
- Additional course work (approx. 1 hour)
- £160 per person
sportscotland Coach Subsidy
sportscotland offer coach subsidy for recognised Scottish Governing Body of Sport coaching qualifications. We encourage all candidates to apply for this support. Candidates can apply for 40% of full course cost (with a maximum value of £75).
Full details and online application for the subsidy can be found on the sportscotland website. Please note you must submit your application at least four weeks before your course is due to start.
Local funding support are sometimes available in areas of Scotland to support individuals with coach education costs, especially volunteer coaches. If you require further support exploring these potential options please contact us and our team will be happy to help.