What You’ll Learn
1 Online Remote session and 2 in person practical days – during which you will be required to conduct player analysis, plan, deliver and evaluate lessons (both group and individual). You will also need to complete a number of coaching scenario based questions.
Your course tutor and the Scottish Squash coach education department will provide ongoing support throughout the duration of the course.
At the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Plan and deliver a programme of progressive individual and group training sessions.
- Implement ‘how to coach’ skills to create an inclusive, player centered and positive learning environment.
- Understand an implement that Scottish Squash ‘What It Takes To Win’ Model.
- Deliver the player pathway from entry to club level, ensuring players maximise their desired potential.
- Posses an open mind set, taking responsibility for own personal development.
- To develop effective squash communities.
- You must be at least 16 years of age.
- Be technically competent (being able to demonstrate all shots) and have a reasonable knowledge and understanding of the game.
- Have completed an appropriate the level 1 coaching course.
- 2 in person days for the course (approx. 8 hours per day, including lunch breaks.) and online learning/remote.
During this time you will be required to conduct player analysis, plan, deliver and evaluate lessons (both group and individual). You will also need to complete a number of coaching scenario based questions.
- £260 per person
This Level 2 course will consist of a blend of online and in person learning.
Taking place in EDINBURGH, Scotland. Location TDC.
- Level 2 Scottish Squash Coaching Course.
- Monday, 2nd of May, 7pm-9pm ONLINE.
- Saturday & Sunday, 7th & 8th of May, 9am-5pm.
- Blended learning in person and online coursework.
- Delivered by Martin Woods and Paul Carter.