Elite Performance Squad
Lead Coach: Paul Bell
About the Squad
As part of the Scottish Squash Performance Pathway Programme, the Elite Performance Squad is for professional players basing themselves in Scotland while competing on the Professional Squash Association (PSA) World Tour. The squad train daily at Oriam, Scotland’s National Performance Centre at Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, and are provided with world class coaching support, both from the Scottish Squash coaching team and the Scottish Institute of Sport. The aim of this squad is to support players to climb the PSA world rankings and compete against the world’s best, while representing Scotland at the highest level.
- Players who have a ranking in the top 150 of the PSA World Tour.
- A Scottish player based in Edinburgh who is committed to full-time squash and is competing on the PSA World Tour.
- Access to the Elite Performance Squad sessions at Oriam.
- Coaching support from the Scottish Squash performance coaching team.
- Access to the Scottish Institute of Sport support services where a need is identified.
- Opportunity to apply for a Scottish Squash individual support grant to fund participation on the PSA World Tour.
Representative Team Information
Scottish Squash are responsible for sending teams to events to showcase Scotland on the international stage. The representative competitions currently supported by Scottish Squash are listed below.
|European Team Championships||6 men / 4 women|
Please note that the numbers indicated under Team Structure include reserves. Not all reserves will necessarily travel and only teams that are likely to be competitive will be sanctioned to compete.
How to Apply
Applications for the Elite Performance Squad for season 2023/24 are now complete. If you would like to discuss a future application, please contact email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions