Scottish Squash Coach Licence allows regions, clubs and players to be sure that all coaches working within squash in Scotland are working under the correct governance.
All licenced coaches with Scottish Squash will hold:
- A squash specific coaching qualification (minimum level 1 or equivalent).
- A valid child wellbeing and protection in sport certificate, or equivalent (if coaching children).
- A PVG membership (if coaching children).
- Insurance for licenced coaches. (Coach specific professional indemnity insurance, public liability insurance and personal accident cover).
- Access to a coach forum to network with other coaches, share best practice & resources and coach development opportunities.
- Opportunity to register onto coach workshops/CPD sessions.
- Opportunity to coach Scottish Squash programmes and squads.
- Communication from Scottish Squash to licenced coaches.
Who is a Coach Licence aimed at?
The Coach Licence is aimed at all coaches working within Scotland whether coaching adults and/or junior players.
Registering for a Coach Licence will also be beneficial for qualified coaches that may not be actively coaching but are interested in staying up to date with coach developments and opportunities.
All coaches involved in delivering and supporting Scottish Squash programmes and teams will require a Coach Licence.
HOW DO I APPLY?
To apply for a Coach Licence, coaches are required to hold the qualifications and courses listed above. Coaches should send a copy of certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If a coach does not hold a copy of their certificate they should contact Scottish Squash by e-mailing email@example.com.
BECOME A COACH
Coach Licence FAQ’s
What is a PVG?
The Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) membership scheme is managed and delivered by Disclosure Scotland. It helps make sure people whose behaviour makes them unsuitable to work with children, can’t do ‘regulated work’ with this group.
How do I know if I have a PVG?
If you are unsure if you have a PVG membership and cannot find a membership number you can call Disclosure Scotland on 0300 020 0040 to find out.
What age is considered as a child?
Within sport in Scotland a child is considered to be anyone under the age of 18 years.
How do I know if I have a valid Coach Licence
All licenced coaches are issued with an electronic coach licence that they will be able to show you if required. You can also check who holds a valid Coach Licence by contacting Scottish Squash with the name of the coach.