Scottish Squash Coach Licence allows regions, clubs and players to be sure that all coaches working within squash in Scotland are working under the correct governance.
All licenced coaches with Scottish Squash will hold:
- A squash specific coaching qualification (minimum level 1 or equivalent).
- A valid child wellbeing and protection in sport certificate, or equivalent (if coaching children).
- A PVG membership (if coaching children).
- Insurance for licenced coaches. (Coach specific professional indemnity insurance, public liability insurance and personal accident cover).
- Opportunity to register onto coach workshops/CPD sessions.
- Opportunity to coach Scottish Squash programmes and squads.
- Communication from Scottish Squash to licenced coaches.
Who is a Coach Licence Aimed at?
The Coach Licence is aimed at all coaches working within Scotland whether coaching adults and/or junior players.
Registering for a Coach Licence will also be beneficial for qualified coaches that may not be actively coaching but are interested in staying up to date with coach developments and opportunities.
All coaches involved in delivering and supporting Scottish Squash programmes and teams will require a coach licence.
HOW DO I APPLY?
To apply for a coach licence, coaches are required to hold the qualifications and courses listed above. Coaches should send a copy of certificates to email@example.com.
If a coach does not hold a copy of their certificate they should contact Scottish Squash by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.