Job Title: Assistant Doubles Coach.
The Assistant Doubles coach is a new and pivotal position for Scottish Squash as we prepare for the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games.
The role has been created to support the Director of Squash to select pairings, effectively prepare and support the team who will represent Team Scotland in the Doubles events.
The following are some of the attributes Scottish Squash requires in the Assistant Doubles Coach:
- Excellent Leadership and Management skills
- Experience and knowledge of the High Performance Coaching environment and international squash, in particular doubles gameplay or coaching
- Highly motivated, energetic, results driven with a “can do” attitude
- World Doubles Championships and Commonwealth Games doubles experience as a coach or player
- Ability to effectively communicate with athletes, coaches & support team
- Enjoy working as part of a team and will buy into the Scottish Squash philosophy
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and with limited resources
- Capacity to adapt, be flexible, multitask & meet tight deadlines.
- An understanding and commitment to work within the Coaching Process in place at Scottish Squash.
This position will require the Doubles Assistant Coach to:
- Work closely with the Scottish Squash Director of Squash
- Work alongside the Scottish Squash Director of Squash with planning for doubles camps and events
- Assist in the delivery of all Doubles Camp activity
- Provide selected and non-selected players with feedback on their performances
- Maintain regular contact with all potential Doubles athletes on the CGS long list
- Assistant Coach at doubles events which Scotland are participating
- Advise in the selection of athlete pairings for key events
- Sit as a member of the Scottish Squash selection panel for the Commonwealth Games Birmingham 2022
- The Assistant Doubles Coach will be a consultant to Scottish Squash
- Pay will be negotiable based upon relevant experience
- Living in Scotland will not be required but an ability to travel to various locations will be needed, all relevant travel expenses will be covered
- We anticipate the time commitment to be between 30-50 days between now and August 2022 when to contract will end.
Applicants should send their CV with a cover letter to by Friday 8th January 2021 to email@example.com.
Any question regarding the role please contact Director of Squash Paul Bell at firstname.lastname@example.org