Scottish Squash & Racketball (SSRL) met with the Masters Sub-Group, which included a group of Masters representatives from the full range of age groups, geographic regions and both male & female players and a review of the Masters competition structure was carried out. Following a wide ranging discussion the Masters Group agreed to make the following changes for the coming season:
- 6 Masters competitions will be held throughout the season including the Scottish Masters Nationals. The region who is awarded the bid for the Scottish Masters Nationals will not host a regional Masters competition. It is the responsibility of the Regional Committee to determine where the Regional Masters will be hosted in an open and fair process.
- The scoring system used in Masters competitions for the coming season will be as per the below. The scoring links with the systems that will be adopted by the Masters Home International competitions at the end of the 2017/18 season.
- Men’s O35/40/45/50 – Best of 5 games, PAR 11, if the score reaches 10 all, a tie break will operate, the winner needing to lead of 2 clear points to win the game.
- Men’s O55/60/65/70 – Best of 5 games, PAR 15, if the score reaches 14 all, a tie break will operate, the winner needing to lead of 2 clear points to win the game.
- Ladies events – Best of 5 games, PAR 15, if the score reaches 14 all, a tie break will operate, the winner needing to lead of 2 clear points to win the game.
The Masters ranking points were also discussed and whilst we are looking into whether we can use SportyHQ to deliver these for the coming season it was agreed that ranking points would remain in the same format currently in place.
All of the above is in agreement with the Masters sub-group for one season. These changes will then be reviewed at the end of the season. SSRL are now working on confirming the regional Masters competition dates which will be released shortly.
Taking on board the above changes, the Masters competitions will now take place on the below dates. Once the Scottish Masters Nationals have been awarded to a region we will be able to confirm which region will host their Regional Masters Competition on the below dates.
- 16th & 17th September 2017
- 14th & 15th October 2017
- 11th & 12th November 2017
- 20th & 21st January 2018
- 17th & 18th February 2018
- 10th & 11th March – Scottish Masters Nationals