Whether you’re interested in taking your first steps as a squash referee or officiating world-class players, our courses can help you realise your refereeing ambitions.
Introduction to Marking
This course is the perfection introduction to the world of officiating. With specific focus on the stroke and let rules, this 45 minutes course is the ideal informal setting to get to grips with the basic calls of the game.
Full Refereeing Course
Scottish Squash and Racketball Ltd have developed a 3 hour course for new referees.
This course is the pre-requisite for the Grade 3 Refereeing Assessment and Qualification.
Only members of Scottish Squash and Racketball Ltd shall be able to undertake an assessment – at any grade – for a referee qualification.
During the course candidates will:
- Be introduced to the responsibilities and calls of a Referee
- Discuss the Rules of Squash
- Analyse examples of refereeing utilising a DVD and discussion sessions ◦Blood and Injuries
- Conduct on Court
- Course candidates must be a minimum of 14 years of age
- Minimum numbers – 8 candidates
- Maximum numbers -16 candidates
- Host venue must supply a television and DVD player
If you and others would like a course in your area and can meet the minimum number of delegates required please contact firstname.lastname@example.org