Behind every great squash player is a great coach, and in Scotland, we have many coaches ranging from our level 1 coaches delivering extensive school/club programmes to our High Performance Coaches who work with our regional squads and performance programme at Oriam; Scotland’s Sports Performance Centre.
Our coaching pathway can support you to develop and progress in a coaching career, from our Level 1 qualification enabling you to coach groups of beginners, to our High Performance Coaches working with elite players. Our coaching qualifications are currently undergoing re-development and further details will appear here as they are developed.
Qualifications/Programmes we deliver:
Scottish Squash Leaders Award
This course is aimed at those who wish to assist in the introduction of squash to beginners. It is a great way for juniors to make their first step on to the coaching pathway or for adults that are looking to support coaching programmes in their local club or facility.
What you’ll learn:
- Plan and facilitate a structured lesson
- Have basic knowledge of tactics, techniques and rules of squash
- Have an understanding of mini squash
- The ability to facilitate play and competition in clubs and community sites
Scottish Squash Level 1 Qualification (Participation Award)
Our one-day level 1 course qualifies coaches to deliver squash to groups of beginners. This course is ideal if you’re an aspiring coach with limited or no experience in coaching. This course is also great for parents or leaders keen to help out with the coaching or increasing participation at your local club or facility.
What you’ll learn:
- Deliver a well organised safe, fun and inspiring squash coaching session to a group of players.
- Coach basic technique
- Identify simple fault diagnosis and shot correction
2017 Course Dates:
- Thursday 16th November 2017 (1400-2100) – David Lloyd Dundee
- Friday 17th November 2017 (1000-1700) – The Grange Club Edinburgh
- Thursday 7th December 2017 – TBC
- Friday 8th December 2017 (1000-1700) – SSRC, Glasgow
To apply for one of our level 1 courses please click here and complete the online application form.
Scottish Squash Level 2 Qualification (Club Coach Award)
This qualification is currently undergoing development and further details will follow in due course.
Squash Coaching Level 3 Qualification
Anyone interested in completing a level 3 squash coaching qualification should contact email@example.com
Scottish Squash Coach Licence Scheme
Scottish Squash are soon to re-launch their coach licence scheme and further details will be available here shortly.
For further details and to find out costings please contact firstname.lastname@example.org